Monday, November 24, 2014

2014 has been a very busy year! Whew!


Wow...I can't believe that 2014 is almost over.  I have had a very fun and productive year. Here are pictures of some of the new contributions to my "inventory". 

Of course I have been busy with the bags...

I love to use use interesting contrast fabrics for the backs, straps and the interior of my bags.  And pockets dahling...always pockets (All of my bags below contain interior 1 zippered welt pocket and 2 slip pockets.) All of which can at least can hold a large cellphone. 

A good example of my use of texture is in In Command.
Front - A velvet/beaded applique badge from TOS-Star Trek. Velvet front
and a velvet/canvas woven pattern used on the strap, etc...
Strap is adjustable.

Back with a zippered pocket (Again...who can't use more pockets...right?)


Flap up - showing interior lining plus 2 more pockets?
Below showing a couple of interior shots.


Here are a few other bags....
Summoned - Tote with hand-beaded dragon on a front exterior slip pocket.
Don't Touch That Button! - I have always loved the visual of the Tardis spinning out of control!


Otahime - Dragon Goddess - Vintage Kimono fabric and additional hand beading and quilting.)

On the left,  Dem Bones
On the right, Date of the Dead -
I made this bag for Tamera, who is a fabulous jewelry artist. You can see her work http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/home/javagoth
Loved it so much I had to make another one.
Both bags use glow-in-the-dark fabric and thread (Who knew!)
and includes a zippered exterior pocket.
Dem Bones bag uses an embroidery design from Urban Threads.
Date of the Dead is my own design and I actually found
glow-in-the-dark beads for that Date night touch....lol.

If you want to see pics of the interiors of my other bags - just send me a note and I can either e-mail them to you or post on my blog. 

In addition to bags, I did do a couple of other textile art pieces...

Hmmmm...Are You Here for Breakfast? I had discussed this quilt on an earlier blog, but here is the finished quilt. 
I just love this piece - I thought his face shows a lot of character.

And here is Fae Moon  - This is my first attempt at machine felting. I decided to make this a wall hanging as I don't trust the "hardiness" of this technique in a bag.. I enjoyed doing this so much I look forward to do more with this technique. The possibilities are endless!!

Now it's on to Christmas gifts ;-)

Take care and Happy Holidays! Teri

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and became a fan of your embroidery digitising work. Just love the designs you have shared above. Keep up the good work Theresa.. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This in an amazing embroidery design on ladies beg, very informative blog about embroidery digitizing

    ReplyDelete